As this is probably one of the most requested recipes from my Instagram page, I figured I better post an updated version on here for all of you! The story with carrot cake oats, is basically that carrots are my favourite vegetable. Always have been. Always will be. I went through a phase of eating three carrots a day at one point. No joke. I normally always eat at least one. And if its a snack it’s always topped with peanut butter. Carrot cake oats are perfect because they actually taste like cake, and cake is always a great way to start your morning off. These oats use some of my favourite products to create a nutritious, vegetable and protein packed start to your day.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 medium carrot, grated
1 heaped desert spoon Clean Lean Vanilla Protein Powder
Toppings: Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, Almond Butter, Coconut Flakes, Warm Berries, Bananas, Chia Seeds, LSA etc.
- Add your oats, water and milk to a small saucepan, mix and place in the fridge to soak overnight. You could also add some chia seeds or LSA for an extra boost!
- In the morning add your cinnamon and grated carrot and stir to combine
- Place your saucepan on the stove, over a low heat. Continue to stir the mixture as it heats up, bring to the boil and then let simmer until the oats have absorbed up all the liquid and are nice and creamy. This should be around 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and stir through the protein powder.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy – some form of nut butter is a must!